Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role will directly support the SVP, Head of Optum Care Marketing and operationally support the broader Optum Care Marketing team. Direct accountabilities include traditional administrative and clerical support activities, managing efficient invoice management, and department business segment liaison (BSL) role, in charge of department procurement, employee onboarding, systems access and ad hoc software/hardware requests.
This assignment is designed to offer an executive assistant experience as well as the ability to learn the marketing function and broader Optum businesses while developing business management operations skills and competencies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Traditional administrative / clerical support roles including: answering the telephone, typing / word processing of documents, maintaining calendars, setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance
- Support procurement requests including efficient processing of invoices
- Provide meeting logistics support including setting up and monitor web casts, prepare and provide meeting materials, ensure audio visual and telecom needs are met, and secure rooms and catering as needed
- Monitor emails and messages as needed during core and some non-core hours
- Collect needed data and content for monthly, quarterly and ad hoc executive and business reporting
- Project management including request and take follow-ups to support project deliverables
- Develop and edit presentations
- Ensure effective utilization of technology tools by the SVP
- Ability to maintain and update the SharePoint sites
- Act as the Business Systems Liaison (BSL) for the Optum Care marketing team
- Manages onboarding experience and assist hiring manager with all sourcing and systems access
- Act as communication point for new technologies and initiatives being introduced by UnitedHealth Group IT
- Ariba and Service Request Center for all IT-related requests, and are expected to follow the correct procedures to complete and submit Service Requests
- Point of contact for Real Estate Services for Optum Care marketing team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of executive assistant experience supporting c-suite level executives
- Intermediate Microsoft Word proficiency: create and edit documents from scratch
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel proficiency: create spreadsheets from scratch, create and edit formulas, and manipulate expense reports
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint proficiency: create and edit PowerPoint slides to utilize in executive and staff meetings
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook proficiency: complex calendar management including meetings, travel and conferences
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in coordinating projects to meet deadlines with successful measurable outcomes
- Experience in a health care environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Administrative Assistant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote