If you are an experienced Senior Accountant looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Senior Accountant. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Senior Accountant will include:
- Compensation (Range): $26 - $28 / hour
- The Forest Resources Accounting team is seeking a Senior Accountant to be in Fernandina Beach, FL. This position will start remotely, but will be expected to work onsite at the office once it's possible.
- This individual will report to the Manager, Fiber Controllership and will work closely with Business Unit personnel, Division, Corporate and other internal customers.
- Provide support to the Forest Resources Managers and Senior Managers
- Assist in month-end close, journal entry preparation and balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide support to Business Unit personnel and other internal customers
- Assist in A/R customer and A/P vendor setup and maintenance, research related issues
- Accounts Receivable balance reconciliation and maintenance
- Perform special accounting projects as assigned
- Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with internal and external auditors
- Comply with SOX controls and GAAP to ensure a solid internal control environment
As a Senior Accountant you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to follow and understand established procedures
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
- Strong analytical mindset and ability required
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Has initiative to take-action, anticipate potential problems and address them early
- Excellent planning and organization skills; able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion of tasks and responsibilitie
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple teams in multiple locations
- Communicate with internal personnel and establish relationships necessary for timely resolution of issues
As a Senior Accountant with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Senior Accountant Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.