Senior Accountant - Accounts Receivable and Credit
We are seeking a versatile Senior Accountant to join a fast paced team and full fill a cross functional position with dual responsibilities in accounting and credit. This position will report to Accounting Manager of AR functions and CPA licensed. Ideal individual would be someone who is flexible and open to learning and adapting new processes and procedures.
Company is known for fostering an ideal work life balance, ability to work cross functionally with other groups and promoting and fostering internal employees.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare and enter monthly accounts receivable journal entries (bad debt, freight, cash discount, inter-company transactions and e-commerce.)
- Prepare monthly A/R account reconciliations, RGA Reconciliations and Shortage reports.
- Review the cash posting batches, matching batches and coding of the credit memos.
- Prepare monthly A/R reports and Journal entry (i.e. Reclassify Cash Discounts to Channels, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Quarterly Reclass of Customers w/Credit Balances, Allowance for Cash Discounts, Allowance for Returns).
- Work with manager to research, create work papers and appropriately respond to customer post audits.
- Perform comprehensive deduction resolution activities. This includes identification of deduction type, transmittal to the proper department for review and provide on-going follow-up and support activity to recover invalid deductions.
- Identify issues that need to be escalated to management in a timely manner.
- Work with other departments within the company to resolve any customer account issues.
- Work with manager in preparation of department Policy and Procedure documentation.
- Prepare Quarterly Insurance Reviews, work on Deduction Reporting and Credit Reviews.
- Review and Release Orders on Hold, retrieve customer account credit information, prepare customer statements and disputes.
- Process all cash applications when necessary.
- Call on customer accounts to resolve customer issues, including collections.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years of general ledger experience with emphasis in AR and Credit.
- Must have experience with accounting software.
- High proficiency with MS Excel.
Click to apply; or call/ email Karla Alfonzo 904-438-2975; email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to express and discuss your qualifications. We are ready to interview you today
skills: Accounts Receivable, Analysis, Aging Receivables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.