Ref ID: 01120-0011685056
Classification: Security Network Engineer
• Manage all network hardware and equipment.
• Install and configure new firewalls, routers, switches, and servers.
• Manage WAN infrastructure including Internet connectivity, VPN, and private lines.
• Manage network infrastructure for VOIP and POS systems.
• Support and maintain authentications services including Microsoft AD, Okta, and RADIUS.
• Perform system backups and recovery.
• Provide Tier 2 technical support for computer hardware, office equipment, and software applications. Provide additional coverage for help desk when requested.
• Assist with storage administration duties for DAS, SAN, and NAS systems.
• Manage disaster recovery systems. Aid in the development of business continuity plans.
• Ensure networks and systems comply with corporate security standards, HIPAA, and PCI compliance. Assess need for any security reconfigurations and execute them if required. Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
• Deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and anti-virus software.
• Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
• Design and implement new systems to support business efforts.
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies and perform/manage installations.
• Other duties as assigned by VP of Technology to meet business needs.
•5 years minimum IT experience.
•Advanced network design and architecture expertise.
•Experience with testing methods, automated tools, plans, and procedures for verification of compliance and vulnerability requirements.
•Experience configuring routers and switches from command line and GUI.
•Technical knowledge and in-depth experience with Microsoft server components including Active Directory, Group Policy, Terminal Services, IIS, WSUS, and PowerShell.
•Power user of all Microsoft Office products.
•Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware and troubleshooting.
•College diploma or university degree in computer science or related field.
•Knowledge of PCI and HIPAA compliance standards.
•Enterprise WiFi experience.
•HP switches, Sonicwall, Fortinet, and Sophos/Astaro UTM devices.
•Preferred Software Experience: Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, VMWare vSphere, Netapp ONTAP, Symantec Backup Exec, Rubrik.
•Cabling experience – CATx, Fiber.