Unique opportunity to build API's and Data Models that power a cutting-edge virtual healthcare platform!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $55 per hour
A bit about us:
One of our top clients is a rapidly growing healthcare company who is building the next generation of their Virtual Care platform!
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building API's and Data Models while collaborating with Architecture, Product, Quality, and Integration teams. The ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate will have strong experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Capybara.
Why join us?
- Opportunity for permanent placement after 6-month contract!
- Modern technology stack!
- Build interesting products that improve quality of life!
- Great learning/growth opportunity!
OUR SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BUILDING THE API AND DATA MODELS POWERING OUR VIRTUAL CARE PLATFORM. THEY WORK CLOSELY WITH MEMBERS OF THE ARCHITECTURE, PRODUCT, QUALITY, AND INTEGRATION TEAMS DURING VARIOUS PHASES OF THE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE. THEY ALSO HELP THE ENGINEERING TEAM COMMUNICATE ABOUT APP FUNCTIONALITY DURING TEAM DEMOS AND AS NEEDED FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT TEAMS. ALL OF OUR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAMS WORK USING THE SCRUM PROCESS WITH A TWO-WEEK SPRINT CYCLE.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing API endpoints, services, and data models for multiple Rails applications
- Work closely with architects and product owners as they create conceptual designs and technical specifications for client-side application work
- Implement the functionality as designed, including automated tests
- Participate in project technical design meetings as needed and collaborate on feature implementation requirements with architects and product owners
- Collaborate with quality engineers to create and deliver test plans including automated and manual test plans to meet quality objectives
- Perform code reviews of other engineers’ code and mentor other engineering colleagues in best practices for general software development, Rails development, and new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience working on MVC-based web applications, demonstrating increasing skill in tackling technical challenges
- Desire (and proven ability) to pick up new frameworks and concepts
- Experience working on and designing APIs for web applications
- Experience working with an RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and strong familiarity with relational database concepts
- Strong understanding of our core technologies and frameworks, including Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Capybara
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required: Front-end JS frameworks, web security, WebSockets for real-time messaging, AI / ML concepts and using ML models in production applications
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.