For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
If you are located in the Minneapolis, MN area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Work schedule is Monday - Friday with expectations of some flexibility with a combination of day and consumer hours.
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Travel to complete in home visits or visit members in other locations
- Travel to participate in care planning in facilities & provider offices
- Use nursing assessment skills to identify medical, behavioral, social determinates of health gaps or barriers in treatment plan
- Provide condition education, conduct medication reviews, assist with advance planning and connect to community resources
- Demonstrate ability to establish trusting relationships with members & caregivers and identify innovative strategies to improve and maintain engagement
- Participate in interactions with program Medical Directors, treating providers and community resources
- Complete in- patient & post-discharge visits to ensure that discharged members receive the necessary services and resources to focus on reducing readmissions
- Documenting and track findings; strong computer and software navigation skills are critical
- Complete and maintain field based safety trainings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Minnesota
- Multiple state licensures (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- 3+ years of RN experience
- Renal, Chronic Kidney Disease or Dialysis Care experience as a main focus of your job
- Computer proficiency, to include strong data entry, utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Ability to navigate successfully in a metrics driven workplace while remaining focused on delivering excellence
- Must reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high-speed internet service (Broadband Cable, DSL or Fiber)
- Access to a dedicated work space from home
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate changing priorities (may include some evening hours depending in member availability and business need)
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to accommodate daily field-based travel within the service delivery area (City of Minneapolis) up to 75% of the time
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- BSN or higher level of education
- Diabetic Educator experience
- Field-based experience going into homes, facilities, etc
- Telephonic case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Bilingual Skills (fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, etc.)
- Experience working within a managed care environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Nurse, Case Manager, Nephrology Nurse, Dialysis Nurse, Peritoneal, Dialysis, Nephrology, Kidney, Renal, Diabetes, Diabetic, CKD, ESRD, Chronic Kidney Disease, End Stage Renal Disease, Medicare, Medicaid, Geriatric, High Risk, Field, Work From Home, Telecommute