JOIN OUR CELEBRATION!
We are seeking a retail sales associate who wishes to become a member of the store leadership team! Bring your retail experience to our promote-from-within company and watch your career grow! You will learn how we operate our stores and about wine and spirits in this hands-on opportunity.
Retail Shift Manager Trainee
Shift Leaders learn and apply ABC Fine Wine & Spirits’ store operating procedures, including properly opening/closing the store, inventory counts and special orders. Shift Leaders assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing store operations and perform the role of Manager on Duty. Shift Leaders have key holding responsibilities. Retail Shift Leader Trainees are hired and trained to move to shift leader responsibilities after 90 days.
- Serve as Manager on Duty, open and close the store, assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing store operations.
- Greet every guest as they enter the store and provide friendly, prompt, fun, and courteous service
- Operate a Point-of-Sale terminal to process guest transactions, with accurate cash handling, other tender acceptance, and applying coupons or discounts in accordance with company procedures; also handle opening and closing functions including reconciliation.
- Attend onsite and online training to gain knowledge of management practices as well as knowledge of products and services such as our Sourced & Certified products.
- Maintain Responsible Vendor status throughout your employment, for alcohol & tobacco purchases while operating POS, wine taps, growler station or tasting tables by checking proper forms of identification for age verification
- Train, coach and direct other sales associates when acting as Manager on Duty to promote exceptional customers service and follow store operation procedures.
- Assist in daily maintenance of property cleanliness; including pick-up or sweeping of debris inside and outside, emptying trash receptacles, collecting shopping carts from the parking lot, and cleaning restrooms
- Provide wrapping service for ABC products and assemble custom gift baskets, and provide carry-out service when needed
- Unload and put away weekly truck deliveries. Merchandise and display product on store shelves and beer coolers in accordance with Operational Guidelines, restocking with product from the stockrooms as needed
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned by store management team
- Candidates should be 21 years of age or older
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night and weekends, especially during holidays
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). At least 6 months of experience and/or training in a management or leadership role; at least 1 year of education from a college or technical; school in Business Management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements ( with or without accommodation):
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods upwards of 8 hours at a time, frequently move about throughout the store
- Must frequently lift and/or transport up to 35 pounds throughout the store including through any stockrooms or backroom on premises
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders and step stools to safely access stockroom and floor shelves as needed
Our Mission is: “We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve.”
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
Come join this family-owned, growth-oriented organization today!
Equal Employment Opportunity
ABC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law (“protected status”).
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.
- Less than 1 year(s): 6 months of experience and/or training in a management or leadership role
- Some college or better in Management or related field
- High School or better
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization