JOB SUMMARY: Provides protective service at various locations on a relief, peak period or emergency basis. Observes and reports activities and incidents at assigned client sites, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Duties include essential function of routinely working various sites as assigned by the company. May be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate the delivery of service, according to business necessity.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Trains to perform security services at a variety of locations; as assigned, travels to and performs security services at sites with or without advance training on a relief, peak period or emergency basis; quickly learns and follows site specific procedures for security services.
2. Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
3. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
4. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
5. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
6. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
7. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
8. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
9. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
10. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
11. Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
12. May train other Security Officers in the performance of duties, as necessary.
13. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site(s) or within the parameters of the temporary assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and six months or more of related experience or training.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Must hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
* Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
* Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
* Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
* Ability to track and adhere to a constantly shifting schedule of assignments.
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
* Courteous telephone manner.
* Ability to adapt to multiple sites and differences in supervisors and site procedures.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
* Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to provide high quality customer service.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at multiple client sites, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
* May be required to work rotating shifts or flexible schedules, to work overtime frequently without advance notice, and to be available to report to work as needed.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
* Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
* Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
* Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent travel and adaptation to different sites, site supervisors, personnel and procedures.
* May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
* On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
* Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
* May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.