Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Home Loans Finance Strategy at one of the following locations: McLean, Virginia; Jacksonville, Flordia; and San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to function as an internal financial consultant, partnering with Home Loans leadership and other business partners, to assist in developing business cases, outline recommendations and monitor progress. This position will lead, contribute to, and work directly on projects to drive Home Loans improvement and delivery of the member experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop materials to advise Home Loans leadership and teams on financial matters, by building relationships and connectivity, with the ability to guide the organization to align on the strategic direction and execution plan
- Develop advanced financial models to identify opportunities and forecast the financial statement impact of marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist with Home Loans support of Finance’s annual budget and quarterly reforecasting activities.
- Synthesize and translate financial analysis into actionable recommendations
- Assist in preparing materials to support scheduled and ad hoc presentations and reports based on work requested from leadership.
- Manage, prepare and support Board reporting and presentations.
- In collaboration with business owners, conduct research and strategic analysis, identify value drivers, synthesize findings, prepare presentations and make recommendations
- Identify financial opportunities to leverage synergies across initiatives and work to drive impact from these collaborations
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration by actively working across business lines, communicating knowledge and strategy initiatives to business units
- Assist with Home Loans-related forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist Mortgage leadership team members and other stakeholders with data inquiries around expenses and revenue.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in consulting, financial services, banking or credit unions required.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to understand the business processes and data.
- Ability to discuss relevant banking issues/concepts effectively with other professionals and non-technical users.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills required with ability to work with all management levels.
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Concise, organized written communication and presentation skills (PPT), and able to synthesize and summarize data effectively for senior management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of initiative and personal ownership.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to manage relationships with senior management and functional departments.
- Skill leading with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
- Skill influencing and building consensus with business partners.
- Knowledge and experience with credit union or retail banking operations.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
CPA or CFA Designation is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.