Remote Sales Manager - Metals
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Our client is a very well-established global leader in the materials technology arena specializing in the design, manufacture and supplier of high-performance materials using formed sheet metal parts that are superplastically formed aluminum, magnesium, and titanium components.
For over 30 years now, they have expanded their footprint globally and are now the premier provider of specialized materials and parts to the automotive, aerospace and rail industries to name a few. This incredibly fun and talented team knows how to treat both their employees and many repeat business clients and therefore they have a very stable environment with amazing tenure amongst their people.
Currently they are looking for a Remote Sales Manager with experience selling metals or metal related products who will work as part of the global sales team to leverage global customer opportunities and support the sales functions through diligent customer communications, developing marketing intelligence and strengthen the opportunity pipeline.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key clients to sustain long term partnerships
- Research perspective customers in target markets, pursue leads and follow through to successfully closing commercial contracts. Be the primary interface on all customer commercial activities and negotiations
- Participate in negotiating long-term agreements
- Understand the targets market, prospective clients and develop appropriate business win strategies
- Keep up to date with market intelligence in the Automotive, Aerospace and Rail sectors
- Develop a strong understanding of our products, processes and value proposition and convey this to the marketplace
- Develop internal cost calculations and customer quotes for new business opportunities
- Actively participate in sales forecasts, business planning and strategy reviews
- Provide commercial support to the NPI team on customer projects and ECRs Engineering Change Requests
- Conduct market research and develop internal sales and marketing strategies
- Monitor and evaluate competitors' products including relevant sales and marketing data
- Manage quote log, customer feedback and market intelligence
- Assist with updating 5-year rolling forecast
- Maintain 2 year tooling sales forecast
- Maintain and update relevant Sales KPI and scorecard metrics to defined timelines
- Manage agents and their activities. Liaise with agents on the progress of live enquiries
- Support development of marketing materials to meet sales strategy
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner, adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Business or related field highly desired
- In lieu of degree, ideal candidates would have 10 years of sales industry experience
- 5 years of sales experience with OEMs and prime contractors
- Proven track record in sales and marketing, fabricated engineered products to OEMs.
- Broad knowledge of company functions, product capabilities, manufacturing, order processing, and marketing policies
- Practical knowledge of the customers' technical and commercial requirements and options
- Strong Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- Familiarity with quality systems and procedures in line with accreditations; Quality standards ISO9000:2000, AS91000 and ISO14002 Environmental Standards
- Excellent computer & presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% (approximately 30% domestic and 10% international)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.