Remote DE Government Underwriter
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Ben Black
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Will be responsible for underwriting residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary market investor standards and all applicable laws. The Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness; is involved in one or several types of mortgage lending including but not limited to conventional and FHA loans. Must be able to underwrite loans within the company and industry guidelines. The Underwriter will also be working with Loan Originators, Branch Managers and Processors to secure all required documents.
Why join us?
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwrites Conventional, FHA, and Special Program loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions
- Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Maintains pre-established service level standard of decisions within a 48-hour time frame set by the company
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews
- Ability to function in an ever-changing environment and work across all business channels in Underwriting (Retail/CC/Wholesale) as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Appraisal review and tax return analysis skills required
- Prior credit signing authority a plus
- Experience with repurchase response and/or rebuttal review and response preparation
- Secondary market experience a plus
- Understanding of TILA, RESPA and Predatory Lending
- Strong analytical and decision making/problem solving skills
- Possess a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle a high volume work load
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient in computers including LOS systems, Microsoft Office and Excel. Ability to adapt/ learn/utilize multiple software programs. Experience with paperless environment preferred.
- Ability to type/use a keyboard with sufficient speed to meet job demands
- Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, adapt to a changing environment and have the ability to communicate and work well with Investors and co-workers. Possess clear, concise and effective written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic and attitude
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- BA or BS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of current frontline mortgage Underwriting required
- ACTIVE CHUMS ID REQUIRED.
- DE DESIGNATION REQUIRED
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.