Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Correspondent Intake Manager in Jacksonville, Florida. The primary purpose of this role is to manage Imaging/Set Up/Disclosure/HMDA teams in support of loan production for Correspondent Lending. Primary responsibility will be to manage the overall flow of files from imaging, loan set up and disclosure review. Position is also responsible for the monthly HMDA report and provide management of all cancelled and denied loans for accuracy and compliance with the Federal Home Mortgage Disclosure Act regulation. Assist in identifying and implementing system enhancements, new procedures, and training as it relates to RESPA and HMDA. Manages the disclosure team and ensures that fees and other data documented on the Good Faith Estimate meet PenFed guidelines. Additionally, ensures that documentation is reviewed to determine if RESPA disclosure triggers are enabled and that loan files are cycled through the process in compliance with RESPA regulations. Direct management of the intake process which includes: imaging, loan set up, disclosure review, and HMDA data integrity scrubs.
**This position is available remotely within 100 miles of job location**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages Intake Specialists who are responsible for Imaging, disclosure review, and HMDA data integrity scrubs.
- Responsible for performing monthly HMDA audits, validations and analysis for PenFed.
- Maintains quality within the department by following operational policies and procedures, reporting needed changes, and compliance with Federal regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that operational and corporate policy standards are maintained in accordance with compliance standards and report findings to Senior Management
- Must work with Operations Manager to keep the department in line w/ budget requirements implemented by management
- Measure and track monthly validation of HMDA check sheet process and provides feedback and training
- Implements and maintain operational procedures
- Responsible for developing/implementing/training all employees in the areas of operations procedures, computer e-mail procedures and origination software procedures
- Conduct annual goal setting with direct reports
- Conduct quarterly, mid-year and annual reviews as well as annual goal setting with direct reports
- Provide leadership direction for the development of high performing individuals and teams
- Apply the principles of process improvement to increase productivity that supports working smarter, not harder
- Support Management through the successful implementation of business or process change
- Coach and mentor staff
- Manage internal and external partnerships and customer experience
- Assist and engage with HR for employee relations
- Create, run and distribute reports that manage day-to-day activity for team and service level agreements.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of mortgage operations banking experience
- Expertise with regulations (banking, mortgage, legal)
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- In depth knowledge of the mortgage process
- Strong understanding of RESPA/HMDA regulations
- Ability to achieve business objectives through directing the work of others who reside in remote locations
- Ability to assess the skills and performance of others and develop skills through coaching and goal setting
- Ability to manage and set multiple priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to make effective business decisions based on data and process knowledge
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and high-volume work environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on Quality
This position will directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.