Seeking Registered Nurse candidates to perform telephonic triage services to injured workers for a Vocational Rehabilitation contract set to commence Summer 2020. This program is to assist in the prompt adjudication and payment of benefits, early intervention in traumatic injuries, active case management, and prompt/appropriate return to work.
The Telephonic Triage Registered Nurse will be assigned cases where the injured worker has immediate time loss and has not returned to work within a specified number of days. All work is performed telephonically and will require the use of DFEC’s (Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation) computer application via remote access. Within seven (7) days of case assignment the Triage Nurse will:
- Contact the injured worker to obtain a history of injury, history of treatment, and current work status, as well as physician contact information.
- Contact the employing agency to confirm the injured worker’s current work status and ascertain whether light duty work accommodations are available, if needed.
- Contact the treating physician's office to obtain a verbal history of treatment, the expected treatment plan, and, if available, the date of the injured worker's next appointment.
- Advise the physician's office whether light duty job accommodations can be provided based on the prior contact with the employing agency
- Provide general information regarding communication with the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs such as the address for submitting reports, how to submit medical authorization requests, and how to submit bills
- Assist the Claims Examiner in prioritizing adjudication efforts and in identifying cases in need of Field Nurse case management.
- Submit a closure report within seven (7) days, unless it is determined the injured worker will be returning to work within the following week
- Enter gathered information into the case management system and include any other relevant information pertaining to possible issues or concerns regarding the recovery process or potential barriers to the return-to-work effort.
For full consideration, please complete your candidate profile by visiting our website at www.dlhcorp.com and clicking on our “Careers, Current Openings”. Current incumbents are highly encouraged to contact us!
Telephonic Triage Registered Nurses must have a current, active, and unrestricted Registered Nurse license for the state(s) and/or US territories in which they will practice. They must also have:
- A minimum of two (2) years of adult medical/surgical nursing experience
- A minimum of two (2) years telephonic nursing experience in the workers’ compensation arena.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.