$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum at Home (OAH) Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The program combines Optum trained clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team comprised of the Optum at Home team of clinicians as well as community-based health care professionals (e.g., PCP, specialists, behavioral health, pharmacy, and other providers). Optum providers serve people in their own homes through annual evaluations, longitudinal visits for higher risk beneficiaries, and case coordination during transitions from the hospital or nursing home and ongoing case management.
The RN Clinical Manager is responsible for overseeing Case Managers and participating in day-to-day clinical care of patients in the Optum At Home clinical program. This position is responsible for clinical outcomes, business operation targets and overseeing the work activities of team of Registered Nurses and Behavioral Health Case Managers.
- Set team direction, resolve problems, and provide guidance to members of own team
- Lead, supervise, and develop members of the OAH clinical team
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influence and/or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and performance guarantees
- Ensure effective orientation and development for Clinical Staff.
- Utilize Complex Population Management performance tools that hold the clinical team accountable for market metrics and performance standards.
- Promote individual development by providing learning and growth opportunities to clinical staff.
- Communicate needs and issues addressed by clinical staff to local market and corporate leadership as appropriate
- Participate in site specific strategic planning activities.
- Develop solutions to problems or barriers by partnering with key stakeholders.
- Provide support for clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating)
- Serve as a role model to internal and external partners.
- Oversee implementation and adoption of clinical and quality initiatives.
- Use knowledge of the business and financial goals to determine and communicate clinical priorities.
- Partner with staff to achieve business goals.
- Monitor and hold clinical team accountable for Model of Care documentation.
- Actively engage, coach and drive clinical staff in implementing activities to grow new membership.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of UnitedHealthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of compassion, integrity, performance, innovation and relationships in the care provided to beneficiaries
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state of practice
- 1+ years of related management experience with focus on managing and developing a clinical team, preferably in a home care and/or geriatric care setting
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining internal and external client relationships with healthcare professionals
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to document medical information with written and electronic medical records
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Strong business acumen including analysis and business planning experience
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid environments
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to foster a culture of clinical excellence and build collaborative relationships
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
- Strong clinical critical thinking skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, Manager, Supervisor, home care, Seattle, WA, manager, #RPO