Description and Job Duties
- Prep rooms for procedure before start of day
- Review patient chart for accuracy of medical information and required consent forms
- Take vital signs and obtain a short explanation of the reason for the patient visit.
- Triage patient phone calls as needed throughout the day, confer with the physician when appropriate; and document appropriately
- Make sure exam rooms are stocked and clean
- Check charts for patients seen that day in the office, making sure all paperwork is present.
- Schedule all procedures and tests ordered by physician during patients office visit.
- Schedule appointments with other physicians, surgeons, etc and make sure referrals are obtained from PCP.
- Enter patient data in computer system appropriately
- Ensure each patient has a follow up visit as needed
- Audit charts at the end of the day to make sure that everything has been done and signed off. Make sure all H&P's have been Xeroxed and sent to JCE when appropriate.
- Make sure physicians procedure and hospital lists are completed and correct by double checking with computer and scheduling book
- Mail out prep information for each primary patient
- Check, stamp and initial all incoming labs and hospital reports.
- Check physician incoming mail box.
- Print and mail recall letters weekly.
- Keeps the physicians books in order and makes sure he/she is where he/she needs to be, meetings, procedures, etc.
- Reorders and restocks supplies
- Provide patient and patient family education before discharge on proper self-care at home following procedure
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have Florida RN Licens
- 1+ year minimum of RN experience in acute care and/or outpatient services
- ACLS certification is PREFERREED - not require
- Proficiency on EMR systems or comfort in utilizing and learning clinical software systems
Team has roughly 25 members and they can see up to 100 patients per day. Recovery Specialist will be responsible for patient service and successful discharge of 4 patients per hour (2 at a time, 30 minutes in recovery area).
Performance will be measured based on efficiency, documentation accuracy and customer service skills.
Multi specialty clinic that does 40% GI care. other 60% is broken up between podiatry, eye, OBGYN. Will work in clinic area reviewing patient post-op status in the recovery room, and performing quality review of documented clinical activities of clinical post-operations staff from end of procedure until patient discharge. Quality review and monitoring to ensure post-op recovery care is efficient and meets quality standard for discharge.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.