The Regional Sales Executive is responsible to assist in the growth, and development of the TMC Logistics Customer base. They will be accountable for continuous sourcing of a portfolio of profitable customers that are core value fits for TMC. They accomplish this by utilizing communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform Outside Sales Activity to develop customer relationships and pipeline. This is a Hunter role and employees are expected to do no day to day operational activities
- Successfully build strong partnerships with external customers
- Successfully build strong partnerships with assigned Account Executive
- Uncover and update all Team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the customer portfolio.
- Lead Quarterly Reviews in collaboration with the Account Executive
- Strategically build and execute plans to increase wallet share with new customers
- Collaborate with the RVP's of Business Development to onboard and manage new strategic level customers under the RVP's mentorship
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the customer portfolio back to the GM concerning challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Assist in branch budgeting and annual branch planning
- Serve as a leader/mentor for the company
- Learn to interact with customers at the VP Level and C Suite
- Expected to be in Home Branch 1-2 days per week on average. The other 3-4 days meeting with prospective customers.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience at TMC or equivalent field experience
- Not currently on a Performance/Discipline Improvement Plan
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment. Expected Travel is 50% or more.