Position Title: Regional Manager
Department/Location World Golf Village Office
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for all client Associations and MAY Management personnel within the region while also achieving internal budgetary gross profit goals and new account goals. The position is tasked with ensuring that MAY Management Services has satisfied all the contractual requirements of the Associations attached to the region and to ensure a high level of client satisfaction is achieved. The Regional Manager role also has a strong focus on meeting or exceeding profit goals and assisting with obtaining new accounts. As a senior manager of MAY Management, the Regional Manager is also expected to have a “corporate view” and have a concern for what is right for the corporation as a whole; i.e., a shared goal view. The regional role has a strong focus not only on the external customer (Board of Directors and their memberships), but also on the internal customer (CAMs, Admins, Maintenance Personnel). Internal customer focus would include managing and overseeing all personnel in the Region and drawing upon HR resources as necessary. Staff responsibilities include but are not limited to ensuring all personnel are properly trained, directed, and motivated to achieve, at minimum, satisfactory performance standards. The ideal candidate possesses a culture that enforces the message that we “lean in” to ensure customer and employee satisfaction. The Regional Manager role is most definitely an active role, not a passive one.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
External Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform Community Manager Responsibilities for assigned Associations due to this role also including direct association management duties.
- Maintain close working relationship with Presidents of all Associations in the Region to identify and immediately correct all major problems that an Association may have.
- Drive through each property monthly (ideally with the CAM) to evaluate conditions and inform the CAM of needed corrective actions.
- Identify and implement activities (either directly or through the appropriate CAM) with each Association to strengthen the working relationship with MAY Management and increase client satisfaction.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the company and ensure that assigned employees are also adhering to the policies and procedures of the company.
- Possess a basic, working fundamental knowledge of all Association Governing Documents, Rules and Regulations and general legal requirements of all associations assigned to the World Golf Village office.
- Possess a fundamental working knowledge of Florida Statues 718 and 720 and keep current with any legislative updates and statutory changes.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain open lines of communication with employees, Board Members, and individual association members.
- Be available to be on-call to handle after-hours emergencies.
- Provide input and assist CAMs with the preparation of association budgets.
- Monitor and report on monthly regional financials.
- Responsible for key senior relationships with each Board of Directors and with key members by maintaining relationships, proactive outreach, communication, and assistance to the assigned CAM.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all staff knowledgeable of operational changes/updates and to ensure overall communication is flowing within the region.
- Ensure a productive, working relationship is maintained with Accounting Department.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Internal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Review monthly Region P&L's (excluding allocated expenses). Identify and address variances. Be accountable for overall performance of the region.
- Recommending changes in the Region’s organization and authorized labor resources.
- Interviewing prospective employees for open positions. Obtaining approval to hire for those positions.
- Maintaining current performance reviews for direct reports only and documentation of unsatisfactory performance.
- Review and approve Timeclock Plus for direct reports and ensure managers are reviewing and approving their direct reports. Review all vacation and time-off requests for the regional office and approve as appropriate within corporate guidelines your direct reports.
- Conduct frequent, informal “walk-arounds” talking with all personnel in the Region to “take the temperature” to become aware of problems and attitudes.
- Maintain an “open door” policy.
- Be proactive with coaching and counseling for all assigned employees.
- Assign Associations to Community Managers.
- Ensure CAMs are thoroughly trained on their responsibilities and briefed on their Associations.
- Conduct frequent informal performance reviews (in addition to the annual review) to ensure all direct reports are aware of their performance in relation to the position’s standards of performance.
- Ensure that direct reports are properly training, delegating, and evaluating the performance of the personnel they supervise. Displays a commitment to the company as exercised through understanding of the company's mission, vision, beliefs, and awareness of current strategic plan.
This position ensures that the diverse and essential administrative and operational assets of MAY Management are provided. Failure to meet these operational responsibilities could result in client defections and loss of gross profit to MAY Management. This position functions with considerable independence but within clear guidelines set by corporate guidelines, client contracts, covenants, and Florida law. It requires a proactive approach and quick resolution of problems to maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Education and/or Experience:
- Current, active CAM license.
- Minimum five years as an association manager.
- At least four years of supervisory experience in a similar capacity
- Able to demonstrate verifiable results in process improvement and quality assurance.
- Possesses a college degree or commiserate experience.
- Well organized – able to prioritize and execute time management skills.
- Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proactive – able to assess situations quickly and take appropriate action.
- Sensitive to clients.
- Common sense
- Confident – not afraid to make a mistake
- Be objective – don’t take criticism personally
- Ability to give effective (good and bad) feedback to employees.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently; manage a heavy workload.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle difficult situations tactfully.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Regional employees
- Client Accounting: Senior Client Accounting Manager, Client Accountants
- Human Resources Director
- ARB coordinators
- Corporate Team Members
- Association Board of Directors (Presidents at minimum)
- Association Committee members
- Association members
- Technical vendors – e.g., civil engineers, attorneys, etc.
- Association Managers
- Administrative assistants
- Maintenance personnel
- Receptionist (if applicable)
- ARB coordinator (if applicable)
- Knowledge of monthly financials and annual regional budget.
- Be able to form productive relationships to alleviate loss of contract and maintain relationships with clients.
- Awareness of variables which could affect associate retention and/or morale. Is a leader in maintaining productive relationships to retain employees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent proven oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar capacity.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality to the office as well as any/all company meetings, client meetings and other activities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to train and educate staff.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications along with email system.