If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Real Estate Manager assists Real Estate Director with portfolio management and advising OptumCare Care Delivery Organizations and market leadership on various aspects of Corporate Real Estate strategy and delivery. The Real Estate Manager will focus on alignment between business objectives, real estate solutions, and execution of those solutions from strategic vision to occupancy. This role assists with strategic real estate support, management of real estate portfolio and capital plans, and oversight of project delivery achieving high quality performance through a solution-driven, fact-based decision-making process. They will help produce optimum real estate asset utilization for the OptumCare local care delivery portfolio and contribute to business success through effective real estate solutions.
- Relationship Management
- Supports Real Estate Director in establishing trusted advisor relationships with Clinical Delivery Organization and Market Leadership and Stakeholders
- Assists Real Estate Director on all day to day real estate needs across portfolio management - renewals, relocations, expansions, remodels, closings and acquisitions
- Assists Real Estate Director as business liaison to understand business objectives and translate into real estate plans, actions and solutions
- Build meaningful relationships across all layers of the organization to serve as a real estate resource and point of contact in the market
- Serves as first point of escalation on RE matters within mid-level operations management
- Assists with development and distribution of communication and execution level presentations including capital committee presentations, weekly project updates, meeting minutes, and project delivery memos at project completion
- Facilitate approvals with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and Schedule meetings via Microsoft Outlook, prepare meeting agendas for REP as directed
- Portfolio Planning and Transaction Management
- Support the Real Estate Director with inputs to capital planning systems for 3 year forecast during four capital planning forecast cycles per year
- Highlight / manage critical dates. Participates in portfolio management operations meetings and follow up on revisions to project schedules, capital, etc.
- Coordination of and contribution to capital approval process, including but not limited to deck preparation, connection with Operations, Finance and other varied teams as needed prior to submitting it to Real Estate Director for final review prior to leadership meeting. Enter and track approvals of projects and associated capital funding
- Collect information on status from various project team members and prepare weekly summary of status on all projects
- Prepare quarterly reports and other critical date reports for regular calls, ongoing portfolio management, specific meetings, etc.
- Facilitate the creation and execution of business strategy as it relates to real estate transactions
- In alignment with Real Estate Director, serves as transaction management main point of contact for ongoing negotiations and providing direction on deal terms for assigned deals. Package final proposed terms for Director’s approval
- For assigned deals, coordinate site tours with brokers and Operations team
- Partners with RE Legal team on real estate related issues and provide guidance where possible for assigned deals
- Establish solid understanding of market trends in the medical real estate field and keep up to date on current events related to medical office locations
- Organizing and dissemination of approval packages for lease execution as well as lease execution tracking and distribution of fully executed documents
- Project and Facility Management
- As it pertains to real estate strategy, coordinate portfolio project activity and support facilities management solutions
- As it pertains to real estate strategy, coordinates with FM team on surrender of premises in accordance with lease documents and documents LL agreement at turnover, any monies owed, etc.
- Facilitate accurate project data in systems, support development of executive presentations, and ongoing communication and approvals between stakeholders and leadership throughout the life of a project
- Facilitate project oversight to ensure quality, speed, predictability and Business-Enabling real estate outcomes by the execution teams
- Assist with project scope definition for assigned projects in coordination with Facility Management and Real Estate Director as needed
- Engage resources (delivery team) in house and out sourced
- For assigned projects, align Leadership on scope, schedule, and budget
- Collaborate with Facility Management team on lease issues and assists when needed to ensure projects are delivered as planned and all communications are clear and widely shared
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business, legal, project management or a related real estate field
- 5+ years of varied real estate experience
- Experience working on a real estate portfolio in a team environment. Developed ability to start the process to open sites, and to close them.
- Multi-site experience
- Capital Budget Planning experience
- Demonstrated understanding of leasing, and renewals.
- 2+ years of Commercial real estate experience (Planning, Projects, Transactions, Facilities, Legal)
- Experience preparing and delivering effective presentations
- Experience building trusting relationships and providing fact-based decision support
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience focused in medical or health care real estate
- Experience independently managing a portfolio, from opening a site, to closing
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with a variety of contacts
- Flexible and creative thinking and problem-solving ability
- Solid financial analysis skills
- Effective contributor to cross-functional teams
- Experience delivering results through best practices and consistent service delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Tableau, and Visio
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Real Estate, Commercial, Long Island, Lake Success, NY, New York