Job Description Summary
Based in Cincinnati, OH and reporting to the Manager, Technology Audit, GE Healthcare, the Sr. Auditor, Technology will work collaboratively with financial/ operational/ compliance audit teams to conduct technical and cybersecurity audits across BU processes and technology through inquiry, data analysis, and in-depth technical testing.
GE is in the midst of a significant and public transformation of its portfolio, leadership, operations and culture. One of the top priorities within this transformation is the Internal Audit function. GE is currently evolving the function, focusing more on the development of deep, data-driven, modern audit expertise and experience to serve as a true business partner for the audit committee and executive leaders, while still maintaining its commitment to talent development, both within and outside the function.
This role will apply critical thinking and efficiently leverage available data to analyze the operating effectiveness of business unit controls through the lens of an industry tailored risk profile and audit methodology. The Sr. Auditor, Technology will assist the Audit Manager in supporting audit project teams and participate in executing control testing, analyzing results, communicating findings to management, and developing remediation strategies in partnership with the business.
- Conducts in-depth inquiry and data analysis to understand complex cyber and technology operations, assess risk based on industry risk profile, and develops project scope for complex and cross-functional process areas, leveraging business knowledge and expertise.
- Assists in the execution of comprehensive audit plans including objectives and audit procedures.
- Collaborates across the BU audit team to plan and map audit approach and timeline.
- Assesses documentation, processes, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if assigned scope areas are operating in accordance with established and relevant controls and in a way that adequately mitigates identified risks.
- Quickly adapts and tailors approach based on identified risk and builds a custom remediation strategy that aligns with enterprise initiatives and systemically addressed root cause.
- Assists in reviewing audit workpapers to ensure they are clear, complete, and well-organized.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work documentation within an automated workflow that clearly documents root-cause, work performed, investigation summaries, and recommendations.
- Devises data driven and risk-based conclusions and clearly documents findings based on testing results. Combines knowledge of BU operations with testing results to determine control effectiveness.
- Executes scope of work with both internal and external customers in mind when identifying control issues.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SUCCESS PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or Business Administration with a minor in Computer Information Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in IT Governance, IT Risk, IT Audit, IT Operations or related fields, preferably with a Fortune 1000 companies or Big 4 assurance organization.
- Experience using some of the industry standards/framework, such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, NIST Privacy Framework, CSA CCM, ISO 27001, ITIL v3, COBIT and FAIR is desirable.
- Knowledge of IT Operational Functions including IAM, Asset Management, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy.
- Lean Process orientation; Passion to help improve operations continuously.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner; uses data and a cogent problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment.
- Capability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent active listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com