- U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Job Title: QA Specialist
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: Long Term
IT Testing Specialists create test deliverables and perform hands-on testing for internally developed or externally purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression or end-to-end testing. IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. Working collaboratively with other IT staff to review and understand system requirements, and to design and review test strategies identifying resolutions for defects.
IT Testing Specialist are expected to demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written communication skills to satisfy the main duties of this profession. Successful Testers are detail-oriented, self-motivated individuals who can work closely with teams of designers, engineers, and other related personnel while also being able to work independently as needed. They should display good judgment and be able decision-makers capable of exercising strong time management skills.
• Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk-based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
• Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
• Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
• Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
• Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
• Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
• Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
• Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
• Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
• Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
• Creates and executes moderately complex SQL queries.
• Executes automated test scripts.
• Writes/coordinates resolution of system defects. Ensures appropriate hand-offs and re-testing
• May provide technical guidance to other IT Testing Specialists.
• Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
• Participates in facilitation and coordination of user acceptance testing.
• Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
• Work with developers to create automated tests.
• Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
• Ensures stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
• Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.