Ref ID: 01120-0012106877
Classification: Purchasing Agent
Southside based client has multiple opportunities available for a growing department. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a purchasing role. Primary responsibilities will include developing and executing vendor agreements for specific spend categories.
- Review bids for completeness and accuracy. Prepare Bid Comparison and review with management team. Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements
- Resolve specification, scope of work, and plan conflicts using purchasing IS system
- Responsible for oversight of BuildPro as it relates to purchasing (Trade Partner Payment System)
- Manage and Coordinate the process in maintaining JDE accounting issues related to contracts or trade partner qualifications with Corporate.
- Responsible for performing plan takeoffs as needed.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
- Review and process options per change orders.
- Prepare monthly site condition reports for new job starts.
- Interact with Suppliers/Trade Partners and Field Staff to resolve payment issues, product replacement and personality conflicts
- Prepare quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the New Plus Rebates.
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and contracts.
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities to ensure architecture is supported by the budget
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities.
- Assist with communication and pricing negotiations with Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
- Assist Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
- Cross train in all areas of purchasing in order to be able to help out as necessary.
- Assist with recruiting new Suppliers/Trade Partners to maintain the appropriate trade base.