Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Provider Renewal Management Associate is responsible for supporting our renewal contract efforts and owning renewal administrative responsibilities within the Provider Renewal Team. Optum Insight’s Provider Renewal Team will move fully into an account centric model in 2022. This Renewal Associate will help our Renewal Leadership Team and Renewal Managers achieve the MBO goals.
On a day-to-day basis, this Associate will own lower dollar but higher volume renewals and growth opportunities. These contracts will be across all regions and all products. This candidate would also be responsible for termination agreements for all customers. The Renewal Associate will communicate with multiple internal departments including the Client Management, Value Management, Sales, Finance, Legal and Contracting. Overall, this candidate will develop healthcare financial experience working with hospital contractual agreements and legal terms and conditions. Additionally, this Associate would manage special projects regarding product migrations, product rationalizations, contractual conversions, and data integrity projects
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops a renewal strategy where the client expectations of product and/or service, product value and renewal terms are clearly understood, communicated and documented
- Ensures pricing, terms, conditions are in accurate in the processing of lower dollar renewals
- Successfully manages and executes a high volume of contract renewals
- Follows all requirements associated with ensuring accuracy of pricing, business terms and approvals for all standalone growth opportunities
- All documentation, approvals, and administration are tracked in Salesforce such that the renewal pipeline and resulting metrics are accurate
- Possess knowledge of Optum solutions and organizational structure to drive crisp delivery of renewal process including system updates, client management and sales functionality
- Manages to a firm timeline and close plan to ensure that renewals close on time
- Manages a variety of special projects – from legal compliance requests to product module updates
- Manages ongoing data integrity, working with Director of Renewal Strategy and Analytics
- Manage meetings (scheduling, material preparation and distribution, coordinating remote participants)
- Manage calendars
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Handle confidential information professionally and discreetly
- Act as administrative process guru and go-to for the Renewal team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Self-directed and works independently
- Partners with Renewal Managers on a myriad of projects and client needs in a professional and collaborative manner
- Reaches out and works with Sales, Client Management and Value Management colleagues to understand client needs and map them to clients’ renewal and sales next steps
- Able to work well independently and within and across teams, act with urgency and tenacity in solving challenges, and able to navigate complex challenges
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of basic data and analytical skills
- 1+ years of experience in client contracts / renewals and/or sales pipeline management in software or services industry
- 1+ years of working with cross-functional teams (Sales, Finance, Contracting, Product & Support)
- 1+ years of managing multiples processes or projects to timelines
- 1+ years of working in a complex highly matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. United Health Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination status prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience in healthcare setting
- Solid attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude
- Ability to work independently in a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Energized by working with various people, including clients, across the United States
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $22.93 to $40.58. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider Renewal Associate, OptumInsight Growth, Renewal specialist, provider, associate, Healthcare Contracts, Renewal, Client Contracts, Pricing, Pipeline Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote