Provider Education & Training Specialist
The Provider Education and Training Specialist is responsible for supporting the Director, Network Quality Governance & Risk in the development and execution of education, training and communications strategy and programs targeted toward One Call’s provider network. This resource must be able to become familiar with a variety of workers compensation, group health, federal and managed CMS concepts, practices and processes in order to appropriately address provider compliance and performance through education, training and communications campaigns and modules. This position requires a broad horizon of training and communication, as well as project management, facilitating progress through influence rather than through authority. The Provider Education and Training Specialist relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, implement and analyze provider network training and communications programs and campaigns to support provider education objectives.
- Develop and execute provider education and communication strategy planning and message management modules that drive provider awareness and promote contractual and protocol compliance.
- Effectively compose/draft written content, distributing provider messages as well as preparing talking points and scripts for outreach programs.
- In conjunction with partner departments and guidance from Director, Network Quality Governance & Risk, prepare provider training and communication modules for programs affecting One Call protocols with providers, e.g. invoicing and payment protocols.
- Responsible for the creation, development and delivery of:
- Training and education programs and materials for providers based on impending regulatory changes
- Learning Bytes – Internal Provider Relations Team Training
- One Call Provider Webinar Training and Education Program
- In conjunction with partner departments, Technical Writer, and guidance from Director, Network Quality Governance & Risk, prepares trainings for new LOB and/or markets.
- Development, Distribution and Reporting of Surveys.
- In conjunction with Technical Writer and guidance from Director, Network Quality Governance, develop and distribute Provider Newsletter.
- Recruit and manage temporary staff as needed for provider training and communications programs.
- Build and track program metrics to gauge progress, drive campaign effectiveness and guide future provider education, training and communications.
- Demonstrate and utilize effective research, project management, and evaluation skills.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned and warranted.
- BA/BS in Health, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or Journalism required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in communicating complex processes into simple and easy to understand concepts.
- Experienced in working in an ambiguous environment and not easily frustrated.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to follow guidance and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exhibit good problem solving abilities and demonstrate the ability to work well under deadline driven environments.
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation industry, Group Health, Federal and Managed CMS a plus
- Self-motivated and skilled at working independently.
Provider Education & Training Specialist I
Intermediate level role. Moderate skills with above garage proficiency. Work on multiple project with a project leader and subject matter experts from different areas of the organization. Assists with the completion of customized training development projects. Assists as part of the team with to support the provider learning management systems/client training portals. Works under minimal supervision to deliver multiple education webinars per week on different subjects. Shares ideas and suggests process improvements. Typically requires two (2) or more years of experience.