As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impacts the lives of our team members and customers.
We are looking for team members that engage – who take responsibility for themselves and take care of their customers and colleagues. Ideal candidates can compose themselves under pressure, have a “make It right” mindset, and focus their energies on solving problems. This means you’ll be supported by a team with all these qualities, too. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join, we want to hear from you!
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
As a Property Damage Claim Adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, disposition and settlement of Auto Liability claims, to determine legal liability, damages, and coverage. Assigned claims may involve Single vehicle or multiple vehicle losses, uninsured/underinsured PD motorist claims and complex coverage issues requiring direct involvement in property damage claim handling with minimal supervision. Exceptional evaluation and judgment skills are required to develop all potential exposures in the file, and to properly set expense and indemnity reserves. Protection of our Insured’s and the Company’s financial exposures are critical.
- Assume responsibility for property damage claims; including attorney represented and non-represented parties, for both first and third party claimants.
- Demonstrates a high level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of coverages.
- Adherence to proper procedures relating to inspection and evaluation of property damage claims and make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of individual settlement authority.
- Evaluate policy coverage, contact insureds, claimants, attorneys, body shops while determining and establishing reserve requirements.
- Document computer log with results of review and intentions for handling.
- Plan and conduct investigations (including but not limited to interviewing parties involved, collecting and evaluating documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody, determine inspection needs, order police reports, scene investigation, take witness statements, review material damage photos, etc.) to analyze coverage, determine liability, compensability, and extent of damages.
- Compile information for decision making with discussion of claims committee where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and handle administrative responsibilities associated with processing and payment of claims. Record and update status notes, and document results of contacts per Best Practices.
- Determine need for independent adjusters, cause and origin experts, economists, accident re-constructionists, and engineers.
- Respond timely and appropriately to all settlement demands.
- Keep internal and external customers advised of file status and other matters as required.
- Evaluate claim for potential fraud and work with Special Investigations Unit as required.
- Assess actual damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims.
- Determine if subrogation exists and take steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of property claims handling experience.
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors.
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner.
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law.
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc).
Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits