As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impacts the lives of our team members and customers.
We are looking for team members that engage – who take responsibility for themselves and take care of their customers and colleagues. Ideal candidates can compose themselves under pressure, have a “make It right” mindset, and focus their energies on solving problems. This means you’ll be supported by a team with all these qualities, too. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join, we want to hear from you!
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
This Property Damage Adjuster position reports into either Tampa FL or Nashville TN with the potential to work remote full time. As a Property Damage Adjuster II, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, disposition, and settlement of Auto Liability claims, to determine legal liability, damages, and coverage. Assigned claims may involve Single vehicle or multiple vehicle losses, uninsured/underinsured PD motorist claims and complex coverage issues requiring direct involvement in property damage claim handling with minimal supervision. Exceptional evaluation and judgment skills are required to develop all potential exposures in the file, and to properly set expense and indemnity reserves. Protection of our Insured’s and the Company’s financial exposures are critical.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and conduct investigations (including but not limited to interviewing parties involved, collecting and evaluating documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody, determine inspection needs, order police reports, scene investigation, take witness statements, review material damage photos, etc.) to analyze coverage, determine liability, compensability, and extent of damages
- Identity and work to resolve minor injury claims with early settlement opportunities eliminating the need to transfer file to the Casualty Unit
- Assume responsibility for property damage claims; including attorney represented and non-represented parties, for both first- and third-party claimants
- Demonstrates a high level of investigation, analysis, evaluation, and negotiation including interpretation of coverages
- Adherence to proper procedures relating to inspection and evaluation of property damage claims and make recommendations for the disposition of claims more than individual settlement authority
- Evaluate policy coverage, contact insureds, claimants, attorneys, body shops while determining and establishing reserve requirements
- Document computer log with results of review and intentions for handling
- Compile information for decision making with discussion of claims committee where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and handle administrative responsibilities associated with processing and payment of claims, record and update status notes, and document results of contacts per Best Practices
- Determine need for independent adjusters, cause and origin experts, economists, accident re-constructionists, and engineers
- Respond timely and appropriately to all settlement demands
- Keep internal and external customers advised of file status and other matters, as required
- Evaluate claim for potential fraud and work with Special Investigations Unit, as required
- Assess actual damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims
- Determine if subrogation exists and take steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident, and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, promotes, and facilitates free and open communication
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations, and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies, and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements, or priorities
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, excel, word, etc.)
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits
- Minimum of two (2) years of property claims handling experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to do manual tasks which may include the use of hands to finger and handle controls. Tasks may also require the ability to talk or hear. The team member will frequently sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.