DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage large, complex technology-related projects.
- Work closely with information technology (IT) team ensuring technology projects are in alignment with strategic and departmental goals.
- Oversee multiple technical projects from beginning to end; ensuring projects are completed timely, within budget, and to stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope, goals, and deliverables in support of business goals. Identify resources required to achieve project goals.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate resources and track tasks.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, e.g., project charters, project plans, requests for proposals, process maps, use cases, backlogs, and business requirements.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and project status to team members and stakeholders.
- Identify, acquire, and manage third party vendors for project resources.
- Negotiate and obtain project statements of work, quotes, and contracts.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Provide post-implementation support as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Project Specialist-Technical
- Manages the implementation of multiple complex enterprise-wide technology-related projects.
- Coordinating with internal and external resources and ensuring projects are completed on-time, within budget, and to stakeholder expectations.
- May work within either the Information Technology organization or the Project Management Office (PMO).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong technical project management skills, including use of various methodologies, e.g. Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology concepts, applications, and systems.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead project teams composed of diverse team members from all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and influence change. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of project management experience.
- Five years of experience managing enterprise technology applications or operations infrastructure projects, including on-remise and cloud solutions.
- Four years of experience using agile/scrum technology.
- Four years of experience using project planning tools, e.g., Agile tools, Microsoft Project.
- Three years of experience managing vendor performance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related technical field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Project management certification or currently pursuing project management certification, e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Work environment/PHYSICAL demands
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers, phones, computers, filing cabinets
- Sitting for extended periods
- Up to 25% travel
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 20 pounds