Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining a rapidly expanding team to help manage the growing client-base in the Risk, Credit and Lending Managed Services portfolio. An increasing amount of FIS clients are taking advantage of the Managed Services offering including Hosting, Application Management (AMS), Testing as a Service (TaaS) and Managed Upgrades. The successful candidate with work remotely in supporting clients daily use of Ambit Asset Finance.
What you will be doing
The Managed Service Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful end-to-end delivery of some of our largest and most complex customer projects focusing on adoption of the FIS Risk, Credit and Lending (RCL) Group Hosting and Application Managed Services (AMS) platform using a structured and controlled, methodology based, approach.
You will have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and the ability to communicate effectively at a senior level with clients and internal stakeholders.
Projects are likely to include large numbers of staff working across the Professional Services, Managed Services and CIO teams on different phases of activity in many locations. The ability to manage multiple u2018moving parts' therefore needs to be balanced with the ability to manage and lead potentially large groups and virtual teams of professional staff.
A key element of any successful delivery needs to be the business profitability aspect. The ability to demonstrate large scale budgetary management is therefore crucial.
Effective dialogue needs to be maintained at all levels of a client organization and within the FIS RCL Managed Services leadership structure. It is likely that any suitable candidate will have multi-year prior industry experience and the accumulated credibilityassociated witha well-established career path.
A further responsibility will be the establishment, refinement, rollout and maintenance of modernized delivery practices and procedures for delivery activities across the whole of FIS's RCL Managed Services.
The successful candidate's general duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the RCL Managed Services business Middle/Back Office and to become an expert in FIS' RCL processing suite of products in order to provide the expertise required to execute our projects.
- To analyze business problems, identifying and documenting system requirements and refining the customer requirements in detail, produce estimates, documenting and presenting to the client for approval.
- To implement and configure technical solutions to a high-level of quality, to meet business requirements and to integrate our solutions into our clients' wider systems.
- Plan client delivery programs from start to completion
- Communicate to the client on all aspects of Project Delivery, Status Reporting and Escalation
- Participate/lead various communication programs and activities (Steering Committee, Operational Committee)
- In conjunction with the client and internal stakeholders, initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the business
- Formulation, organization and monitoring of multiple, large, often inter-connected projects
- Oversight, composition and ownership of the delivery strategy
- Strictly control and manage deadlines, budgets and activities
- Work with the Regional leads in executing Projects successfully on time, on budget and with requisite quality
- Work with the Global Change Lead to help drive efficiency, consistency and excellence to all aspects of the project delivery function
What you bring:
- Substantial proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Experience of managing complex, high value programs is essential
- Knowledge of Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) implementation
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods, supported by accreditation in a formal methodology, such as PMP or PRINCE2u2122.
- Ability to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people
- Knowledge of Accounting and/or Financial Lending
- Confidence to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (MS Project etc.)
- First class presentation skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Credit Lending applications is preferable
- Experience with Managed Services in a Hosting environment is paramount
- Familiarity with MS Project involving development of new or upgraded products and services
- Knowledge within the Financial Technology, Banking or Consulting domain
- PMP Certification would be a +
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities;
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The opportunity to make your mark in rapidly growing team, with plenty of scope for career progression;
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.