Canam Steel Corporation is a major US manufacturer of open web steel joists and steel deck. The company participates in thousands of projects each year ranging from large distribution centers and high rise projects, to small retail centers. The steel joist business in the US dates back to 1986 as a partnership with Canam Group and our steel deck business was launched by an acquisition of the United Steel Deck brand in 2010. The Corporation currently operates six fabrication facilities, several sales and engineering offices, and employs approximately 800 people across the United States.
Assists with daily administrative tasks, including verifying customer specifications, coding, printing, scanning/filing, pre receiving, and inventory control processes, and other data entry/clerical duties in support of Canam's project management department.
- Performs verification of new project specifications to ensure correct coding of customer requirements.
- Prints production tags for each job ready for production.
- Processes shipping notices, assists with receiving supplies and provides inventory control support.
- Scans and sorts electronic documents into electronic folders within Canam's online filing system.
- Assists with handling inter-departmental requests and inquiries to resolve production and shipping problems.
- Types emails and various documents.
- Performs general clerical duties as required and other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to work in MS Excel (Intermediate level).
- Ability to learn to effectively use Canam applications and databases.
- Experience in performing data entry.
- Ability to seek out process improvement opportunities to increase production and accuracy in alignment with Canam's LEAN principles.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly numerical accuracy.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, supervisors and prospective customers.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Consistently demonstrate outstanding customer service and uphold Canam's values.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.