Job Summary: IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures.) They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
Essential Functions: The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
* Manage projects or components of projects with multiple dependencies, complex scope, medium to high risk and effort, multiple integration points (internal and external) and releases, 10 to 20 resource teams.
* Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actuals incurred.
* Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating details project plans and tracking financial information.
* Communicate status of project to leadership, project team and to more senior PMs on a project.
* Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
* Participates in change initiatives and workgroups.
* Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders leadership and PMs associated with other projects.
* Advise leadership, Project Team/Project Managers on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
* Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations
* Facilitates project meetings.
* Creates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required work experience: 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education to include Project Analysis and/or Project Management.
Required Management experience: Supervisory/management experience preferred.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field.
3-5 years PM experience.
* PMP - Project Mgmt Professional
* Experience using Agile methodology
- Understanding of the Agile methodology from a process standpoint, they will also be working in Waterfall.
- Need a strong candidate that has some healthcare background and is able to adapt to a high paced environment. - Minimal ramp up time.
- PMP is a plus, but the manager is more concerned with overall experience.