About the role
The Project Director acts as the owner’s representative for military family housing projects by providing oversight and planning in development, construction, architectural and engineering services, property management, financial forecasting and budgeting, resident relations as well as acting as liaison for military service leaders.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the assigned project’s master plan as well as coordinating the efforts and expertise of team members, governmental agency representatives, third-party contacts and military service leaders to build long lasting business relationships that benefit all parties involved.
- Will develop a project structure that is conducive to profitability, adaptability, and flexibility within the scope of the assigned project that achieves all incentive-based fees and manages future risks.
- Maintains a strategic focus on the project by creating long term strategies and plans involving marketing, development of goals, time tables for completion, and human management.
- Ability to travel at a minimum 50% of the time.
- Must be based out of one of our military sites in the Southeast.
- Constantly evaluates and analyzes the activities of the project to improve methods and processes that enhance productivity and realization of established goals
- Responsible for meeting all operational profit goals through fluid processes, including review of the development, renovation, operating and capital improvement budget for assigned project
- Publicly represents the Company in events including but not limited to in-process briefings, town hall meetings, executive presentations and project site visits and tours
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
Who we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred plus seven (7) years of project development experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Possession of a valid state issued Drivers License and a safe driving record are required.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.