Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of Program Manager, Provider Development Institute (PDI) is a key role, responsible for strategic development, planning and management of physician leadership programs across Optum Care, including the Grove Leadership Essentials and Climb Professional Excellence programs. These development and leadership programs are part of the PDI and enhance the knowledge and skills of clinician leaders from our care delivery organizations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Partnership, this position sits in the Office for Provider Advancement (OPA) within Optum Care’s Clinical Performance. OPA focuses on making Optum Care the best place to work for the physicians and providers of the entire care team, ensuring they have what they need to deliver the best care possible to our patients. OPA’s work is determined through clinical governance and focuses on clinical outcomes research, physician/provider and patient experience, physician development and partnership, and an equitable, responsible culture. This position includes a variety of functions related to the general management and general business operations within the OPA.
This position is responsible for strategic development, planning and management of physician leadership development programs across Optum Care, including the Grove Leadership Essentials and Climb Professional Excellence programs. The ideal candidate will possess a strong talent for program planning, coordination, and execution in accordance with the mission, goals, and values of the organization. Solid communication skills across all levels are a must. Other responsibilities will include creating communication plans and assets, delivering project plans, managing the program to meet budget targets, and developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement. Additionally, this position will assist in the creation of new development programs to support the strategic direction and needs of the company.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads program planning and execution, in consultation with applicable stakeholders; leads functional teams through program implementation, ensuring program goals are reached
- Ensures alignment and understanding of program scope and learning objectives with the organization's strategic objectives, mission, values, and goals
- Develops and executes against detailed project plans meeting key milestones and deadlines
- Ensures program deliverables and success criteria are identified and managed throughout each program’s lifecycle
- Manages aspects of attendee participation including registration, pre-work, on-site support during the program, and post surveys.
- Develops and delivers program outcomes communications to a variety of stakeholder groups, including senior leaders
- Analyzes program outcomes, identifies areas of opportunity, and makes appropriate recommendations (inclusive of all stakeholders) to improve program experience and outcomes/processes going forward (e.g., participant satisfaction, lessons learned, program team member performance)
- Assesses and updates program content to ensure relevance to current business needs
- Develops/contributes to program budgets and forecasts, obtaining approvals from applicable stakeholders (e.g., cost/benefit analysis, capital planning, and staffing impact analysis/assessment); manages budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
- Utilizes appropriate communications tools/techniques to ensure understanding and buy-in from applicable stakeholders (e.g., executive summaries, key milestones, internal and external marketing and communications)
- Ensures that all program deliverables are compliant with applicable standards and regulations
- Sources potential event and training locations based on requirements
- Conducts site visits to ensure venue meets requirements and standards for event
- Coordinates event services such as securing hotel blocks and meeting spaces, arranging team building activities, transportation, and meal service
- Identifies needed program collateral and supplies, sources potential vendors, partners with vendors to execute, and ensure materials are on site for events
- Monitors event activities to ensure attendees are satisfied and that a service excellence experience has been provided
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or 4 additional years of related experience
- 3+ years of related program management experience
- Experience working with virtual/distributed teams
- Experience effectively directing and communicating with various levels of staff and stakeholders
- Intermediate proficiency within PowerPoint & Excel, rolling up numbers to tell a comprehensive story
- Ability to travel domestically on airplanes at least 30% of time with overnight stays in hotels
- PMP certification (or within 180 days of hire)
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Change Management certification and/or training
- Demonstrated ability to create coalition building
- Solid process and planning skills
- Solid, confident communicator with a variety of teams and levels
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Program Manager, Provider Development Institute, program management, planning, implementation, leadership development, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote