Alluvion is working with an established law firm in Downtown Jacksonville to find the right Legal Assistant with Real Estate for their team. The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years' experience as a legal assistant, or admin in a law firm
- Has worked in real estate
- Excellent communication and writing skills, dedicated to exceptional customer service (internally and externally)
- Able to quickly learn new systems
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft, revise, finalize, and distribute all correspondence, memoranda, agreements, contracts, legal documents, briefs, charts, and reports for attorneys or executives.
- Must be able to ascertain matters of priority and urgency and be able to respond in a quick and efficient matter, use initiative and judgment to minimize the effect in a lawyer's absence, and refer matters to appropriate delegated authority.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains files; file documents as requested and retrieve documents from files when needed. Conducts periodic review for possible storage of old files; prepares files to be closed.
- Coordinates and assists in the preparation for court or governmental hearings and is familiar with and calendars deadlines.
- Perform clerical and basic secretarial duties for professional assistants, paralegals and attorneys. Prepare basic correspondence, document revisions, fax cover sheets, hand delivery forms, envelopes, labels and mail outs.
- File setup and closing, organizing files including high-density areas, maintaining filing and contact sheets for numerous professional assistants and paralegals. Update and maintain indexes and accompanying binders of documents.
- Provides support for and assists in drafting applications and pleadings.
- Requests conflict of interest checks.
- Complete new matter memorandums and check requests.
- Input attorney time into time keeping system as requested.
- Prepare travel arrangements, calendar appointments, coordinate meetings (both within and outside the office) for attorneys in the department as requested.
- Prepares, updates attorney/client matters lists, telephone lists, and distribution lists.
- Deliver correspondence such as hand deliver, mail, and Federal Express. Deliver check requests to and pick up checks from accounting.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and relay messages to appropriate parties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform various administrative duties such as expense reports, cash advances, docket cases (if necessary), proofread documents, etc.
- Prepare and update pleading indexes, document book and index preparation, bates label documents and maintain bates label charts.
- Transcribe dictation.
- Assist other professional assistants, paralegals, and attorneys as needed.
- Perform special projects for attorneys.
- Provide back up support to the receptionist and business center; answer phones, greet guest/clients, oversee front office acitivity