Exciting things are happening at Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation and our Jacksonville branch has a unique opportunity for you to join the team and be a part of our success!
A Production Manager at MSMC works closely with the General Manager and plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of the facility. The Production Manager is responsible for managing daily production (manufacturing) operations and planning the use of materials and team members to ensure quality product and timely delivery to customers. This position is responsible for safety and compliance with state and federal laws, production planning and budgeting, hiring, supervising, and managing operating expenses. The result of these initiatives contribute to the overall health and financial growth of our Jacksonville branch.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Participating as active member of the branch leadership team, assisting with the creation and implementation of strategic and tactical objectives as necessary for the branch to reach goals
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training production staff and developing direct reports to establish career progression opportunities within the department and organization
- Advising production supervisors on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, and training
- Striving to create an Employer of Choice atmosphere by continuously communicating, resolving issues, and developing incentives and retention strategies
- Maintaining a safe working environment by training on safe working techniques and monitoring employee behaviors and equipment functionality
- Establishing realistic and challenging production rates and communicating to operators
- Operating within the NetSuite system to complete all daily and monthly production reporting
- Maintaining and ensuring a routine preventive maintenance plan for all equipment
- Creating production shifts that optimally utilize labor and capacity, responding to seasonality issues by adjusting headcount, workload or shifts accordingly
- Monitoring daily production performance in relation to company established KPIs and report results to production personnel via visual boards
- Reviewing methods, processes, cost, labor, and machine utilization and recommending more efficient and economical methods and techniques
- Maintaining sufficient levels of all manufacturing and shipping supplies
- Participating in new hire orientation, approving hours worked on timecards, conducting performance reviews, initiating compensation changes, and other human resources related tasks
The most qualified candidates will have:
- At least 5 years in a management/supervisory role in a high output, multi-shift manufacturing production environment
- Experience managing/supervising 10+ direct/indirect reports
- Experience with building product (roofing) manufacturing, specifically roll forming
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations and employment law
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related field preferred; HS Diploma or GED required
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision - effective on your first day
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness program
- And more!!!
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for all.
We stand behind everyone and encourage team members to bring their full and authentic self to work. We celebrate all the things that make each of us who we are; and while we have 21 locations in 17 states, we are all on the same team.