The Electrochemical Product Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and launching new products and process. This incumbent will optimize current designs, and focus in improvement, cost reduction and performance during the product development trial process and oversee the trial entry, scheduling, execution and reporting of trial outputs and data while adhering to safe operational practices.
- Product/Process Design and Development
- Design electrode, electrolyte and formation to meet battery design requirements with intent of manufacturing
- Develop necessary processes and products by designing experiments and trials
- Launch new products/processes (electrode, electrolyte or formation) in manufacturing (drawings, specifications)
- Current Design optimization:
- Optimize current formulations
- Introduce alternative and/or lower cost materials into manufacturing process
- Interfacing with other sites by leading regular meetings to share and obtain information about upcoming and current product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is required, MS or PhD preferred
Specific Experience and Knowledge Required
- 4 plus years relevant experience
- Minimum 4 years of industrial experience, preferably in lithium-ion cells/batteries Mechanical Assembly
- Li-ion chemistry, Product Development, Manufacturing
- Experience in an industrial setting
- Battery Market