Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is hiring Process Technical Lead to join its dynamic team located in its manufacturing site at its global headquarters in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Working closely with and as an extension of the METL, the Process Technical Lead will be responsible for monitoring all production aspects of the assigned Brand(s) across all production lines on a specific shift to provide technical leadership and guidance to team members focused on delivering business objectives such as safety, quality, LPH, and yield across the family of Brand lines.
The PTL will provide line management coaching and technical skill development for Process Techs and Line Engineering Techs. Brand-related activities for the respective shift across all lines.
• Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process non-conformances
• Plays a leading role in increasing reliability, yield, and cycle-times
• Considered line expert on core technologies
• Demonstrates ability to cover for METL when required for non-supervisory activities
• Acts as an advocate for continuous process and technology improvement
• Responsible for developing project plans, timelines, and resource requirements
• Works closely with engineering disciplines when troubleshooting the equipment and processes
• Coordinates the installation or modification of equipment
• Monitors and trends equipment reliability
• Provides a linkage between Manufacturing and support departments
• Facilitates and attends training for continuous technical skill development
• Required to attend and report results in production related meetings on or off shift
• Utilize resources to identify systematic issues. Tracks, trends, develop and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability. Provides peer leadership, coaching, coordinating, scheduling, monitoring, communicating and problem solving for all production line activities. (45%)
• Coordinates equipment and administration support for all manufacturing personnel. (20%)
• Coordinates and provides training to all manufacturing personnel. (20%)
• Initiates and facilitates team, equipment and process enhancements. (15%)
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (5%)
• 2+ years college, trade, or military training in business/technical discipline, Or equivalent industrial experience emphasizing electro-mechanical, PLC, and pneumatics is required.
• Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience is required.
• 5 years production, maintenance or engineering experience in a high volume manufacturing environment or similar, preferably 24 hour continuous operation is preferred.
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas is preferred:
o Injection molding, vision systems, lasers, sensors, process improvement, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, mechanical parts design, tooling experience, and mechanical power transmission.
• Operations management experience with excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills is required.
• Engineering experience in equipment development, project management, construction, installation and qualification required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)