DTE Energy is hiring a Principle Engineer- Gas Pipeline Distribution for their Detroit, MI or Grand Rapids, MI location. Relocation available.
The senior level engineer is responsible for planning and conducting intermediate to more complex engineering related activities requiring the use of creative techniques, as well as application of thorough knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practice in multiple areas. Incumbents have the authority to makes decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues, which may be complex at times. Participates on and leads teams, as well as develops effective relationships with key decision makers, as needed.
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex.
- Leads or plays key role on process improvement teams.
- Initiates or performs engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives.
- Develops presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders.
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions.
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with developing engineering standards and practices.
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers.