MilliporeSigma is currently looking for a Principal Scientist for their R&D API Continuous Flow Division in the Maddison Wisconsin Location.
MilliporeSigma’s purpose is to solve the toughest problems in life science by collaborating with the global scientific community – and through that, we aim to accelerate access to better health for people everywhere. We provide scientists and engineers with best-in-class lab materials, technologies and services.
If you have a strong background in Organic Chemistry and have experience with API Continuous Flow and have built and managed teams, and would like an exciting new opportunity working with internal and external stakeholders to manage complex timelines, meet customer expectations, and develop a best-in-class R&D group we would like to speak with you!
Relocation assistance is available
The Principal Scientist, API Continuous Flow R&D is a leadership and laboratory position in the R&D organization responsible for the implementation of continuous flow inside the API contract-manufacturing segment of MilliporeSigma. The primary activities for this position will be building an API flow chemistry team, introducing the equipment and technologies required to make API flow development successful, and overseeing the development and transfer of API flow processes culminating in successful drug substance manufacturing.
As a Principal Scientist, you will:
- Implement flow chemistry R&D inside the API Life Science business
- Build and lead a team of continuous flow scientists and engineers
- Introduce equipment and infrastructure required to make API continuous flow manufacturing successful
- Identify continuous flow manufacturing possibilities inside the API portfolio
- Manage flow projects and initiatives, meeting identified objectives within the targeted budget(s) inside the MilliporeSigma product and technology development processes
- Develop flow processes suitable for efficient manufacturing in a GMP environment
- Provide qualified technical guidance to junior R&D and Operations staff members
- Demonstrate clear initiative, risk-taking, and creativity
- Champion the implementation of newly innovative flow technologies
- Interact well with other functional units (Marketing, Commercial, Process Development, Analytical Development, Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs) to advance flow and department objectives
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines