Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About The Role
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical expertise in the delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer’s needs. While leading in a delivery capacity, the Principal Engineer will work closely with Trace3 Engagement Architects to leverage new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. The Principal Engineer will also provide oversight to Sr. Engineer and Engineers within the Practice. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and delivering networking solutions with excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Lead client engagements as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to solve customer problems and translate customer requirements into deliverable services
- Partner with Account Teams and the Infrastructure Team to generate accurate services Level of Effort scoping using TRACE3’s Consulting Services Calculator (CSC) tool
- Provide consulting expertise on operational models, strategic roadmaps, and return on investment for end customers
- Gather technical requirements and facilitate sessions for building solutions for relevant networking technologies
- Lead the proposed solution including transitioning the build and implementation to the delivery team and remain engaged with the client while becoming a “thought leader” for the next opportunity
- Ensure that a quality solution is delivered in a timely manner, within budget, and to our client's satisfaction
- Work closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations while simultaneously working closely with internal teams to ensure delivery
- Integrate architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into a complete network configuration
- Assist in the development and documentation of technical standards
- Develop and implement network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization
- Mentor other junior engineers
Qualifications & Interests
- Expertise with design, deployment and integration of Network Access Control (NAC) solution utilizing Cisco's Identity Service Engine (ISE) and DNA Center.
- Expertise with using a Cisco ISE to enforce endpoint compliance in an 802.1x environment for both Wired and Wireless infrastructures and Remote Access solutions (VPN’s) to include device profiling, posturing and client provisioning
- Ability to build and analyze NAC rules to comply with security policies
- Ability to conduct knowledge transfer to clients and co-workers
- Expertise in wireless (WLAN) and Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC)
- Expertise in network routing and switching technologies
Must Have Experience In
- Experience in ISE and DNA Center - heavy emphasis, prevailing/posturing
- Wireless deployments ( CISCO and ARUBA)
- Key is knowing ISE, DNA Center and Wireless (hands-on expertise , how it works, how to design, how to integrate)
- Network Identity
- Cisco DNA Center and ISE
- Wireless / Mobility, Wireless LAN Controllers
- VMA Center
- Design & integrate Identity/Mobility solutions.
- Performs network maintenance, upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors and customers; testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical design and as-built documentation.
- Configure and troubleshoot network components.
- Work with customers and account teams to understand objectives and account for them in the system design.
- Work with internal and external 3rd party vendors i.e. software and systems engineering teams to understand and implement technical requirements.
- Oversee a variety of functions specifically related to supporting, troubleshooting, enhancing and implementing our Mobility/Identity solutions
- Engineer routing, protocols and IP sub netting, DNS resolution, and traffic flow troubleshooting
- Ensure network and systems are stable, secure and resilient to provide maximum uptime to our customers
- Ensure capacity and throughput needs are met for proposed designs
- Design and Support of Meraki based solutions to meet the needs of our customers
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to direct teams and pursue requirements from customer to maintain timelines
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Motivated self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel when needed; holds a valid driver’s license
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.