Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We all can agree that the quality of health care is marching forward and upward with great momentum. But it’s not just quality of care. The entire system is becoming more efficient and effective thanks to companies like UnitedHealth Group and people like you. Here’s your opportunity to combine expertise and compassion in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this role, you’ll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and re-price existing client claims data to support client specific data analytics using SQL server, Netezza databases.
- Prepare requisite competitive (i.e., external) and internal historical claims data for use in the development of RFP response submission activities
- Utilize relational database tools to re-price/trial adjudicate pharmacy claims
- Validate source data and interpret/QA re-price/trial adjudication and summary and detail report results.
- Analyze source historical claims data for anomalies and/or trends in drug utilization patterns and costs.
- Develop and/or analyze and refine existing analytical models, and database queries as appropriate.
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
This opportunity is all about complexity. A dynamic marketplace means that unit cost forecasting will always be a challenge as costs continue to change. You’ll be expected to monitor, analyze and incorporate those changes in reporting packages and relay them through finance to pricing and underwriting.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Analytical experience in data analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Intermediate SQL or other relational database solution experience
- Experience of writing complex SQL, PL/SQL queries for Data Analysis & Reconciliation
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Python, SAS, R for Analytical Model Development
- Analytical experience in data analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- PBM experience
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That’s the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $43,200 to $76,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Science, Data Scientist, Financial modeling, Reporting, Financial analysis, Pricing, Network management, Health care economics, health care , Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Rockville, Maryland, MD