American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Permit/Starts Coordinator supports the Acquisitions, Purchasing, and Construction departments. This position has an active role in the monthly reporting, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and projections of company's home-building operations in the market.
- Submits and obtains Architectural Review Committee (ARC) and Home Owners Association (HOA) approvals for new home construction
- Performs financial underwriting of new acquisitions
- Develops a network of contacts to source new land deals independently and by attending industry functions and off-site meetings
- Originates and manages purchasing activities as they relate to the home building process; places orders for products and supplies
- Creates and sets-up new communities to bid in the vendor database; enters and maintains all documents in the database; ensures information is accurate and up to date
- Evaluates suppliers based on essentials like cost, types of service, service areas, and distribution availability and communicates findings to the Atlanta Purchasing Manager
- Drives the development process - updates schedules, timelines, projections and closings; communicates with the construction project managers to track target and completion dates;
- Completes permit packages to turn over to construction project managers on schedule for submittal to municipalities.
- Oversees multiple engineering firms to schedule Housing Land and Property (HLP) and Reconstruction and Development Program (RDP) completion in time for permit submittal deadlines; manages and schedules multiple engineering firms to stake lots in line with construction schedules
Requirements - - Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, Business or a related field OR Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Real Estate Development or Home Building required
- Experience reading land development and architectural plans required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning and analysis skills
- Strong relationship management, organizing and customer service skills
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Work where you feel at home -
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a constructive environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at www.americanhomes4rent.com/addenda/employee_privacy
Related keywords -
Permits starts coordinator, finance, engineering, project management, real estate development, real estate, development, urban planning, home building, coordinator, acquisitions, purchasing, construction, property management, full time, #LI-HC1