The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Patient Service Representative for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast most comprehensive academic health center in the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a contract to hire position.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Pay: Based on experience
The Patient Service Representative s responsible for answering incoming calls on an Automatic Call Distributions (ACD) system regarding the patient's physician bills. Research, facilitate and resolve simple to complex billing issues and communicate the findings to the caller. Address any questions or requests regarding their account, educate patients on insurance and medical billing processes and make any needed corrections to the patients account.
- Answer incoming calls 6 hours a day from patients, attorneys, insurance companies, clinic staff and outside medical facilities
- Facilitate to a resolution patient complaints regarding billing, clinic staff., Physicians and outside lab billing companies. Communicate with all levels of management with the 12 Business Group specialties. Clinics and other internal departments. Send timely follow up emails to ensure the necessary action is completed.
- Verify insurance eligibility, load the payor plans and file claims for payment
- Review and interpret electronic remits and EOB's to verify that account balances are correct Make appropriate insurance adjustments and transfer patient charges to the correct guarantor account
- Working with the clinic managers and ambulatory administrators, facilitate resolution of patient complaints abut billing, clinic staff, physicians and outside lab billing companies
- Make outbound calls and send letters to patients regarding the status or resolution of their billing issue. Provide patients with billing and payment records when requested.
- Review attorney requests for HIPAAA compliance and provide the requested billing records
- Assist patients with meeting their Medicaid share of cost and file claims if eligibility has been updates
- Review and correct self-pay discounts or package pricing discounts when needed
- Review and facilitate the processing of insurance and patient credits for refund
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Call center experience (3+ yrs)
- Healthcare experience
- Insurance, billing & charge follow-up experience
- Epic knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills required
- Incumbent must be comfortable collecting payments and counseling patients regarding financial matters in a professional manner
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, problem solve and function in a team environment are necessary attributes of the successful incumbent.