The Vaccine Scheduler (Part Time Customer Service Representative III) at Maximus make an impact everyday by responding to inquiries resulting from COVID-19 vaccination scheduling questionnaires or communications. Agents will answer incoming calls from the public related to COVID-19 vaccination scheduling. This position will require Agents to use independent judgement to understand the logistics of available timeslots and if the location, distance and/or time of available appointments is a reasonable distance/timeframe to book an appointment. The position may require Agents to make outgoing calls to follow up on vaccination questions. To prepare you for this role, Maximus provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
vaccination call center reps
Pay and Benefits:
- Great pay, based on the county in which you live
- The opportunity to work from the comfort of your home
- A variety of shifts that meet lifestyle and family goals
- Leadership support to ensure success in a meaningful career
- Many opportunities for promotion and career advancement into a global company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agents will be required to evaluate the needs of the caller to determine the best course of action to assist in scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- Transfer/refer caller to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download.
- Maintain a current understanding of CDC information on regulations, policies, and procedures in order to provide knowledgeable responses to numerous telephone inquiries in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information provided by callers.
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements, which will benefit Maximus, CDC, and the public (inquirers)
- Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies and refers callers to alternate sources when appropriate.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution, as needed.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to outlined procedures.
- Attend meetings and trainings, as requested, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- Meet quality assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics.
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution.
- Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to telephone inquiries
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters
Education and Experience:
- 6+ months experience in medical or public health discipline
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Effective communicator with strong ability to provide empathy and excellence customer experience
- Clinical knowledge of and experience in medical, public health and/or CDC related topics
- Strong data entry and telephone skills
- Proficient internet search skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize software applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written) problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Previous experience with computers, phone systems, and headsets preferred
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Works remotely
- Must be available to work any shift – Hours of operation: 8am – 10pm EST - Monday to Sunday
- May be required to work scheduled holidays
- Overtime may be required
Home Office Requirements:
- Access to wired internet connection/ethernet
- Internet speed of 20mbps or higher required (you can test this by going to speedtest.net)
- Private work area and adequate power source
- Personal computer & headset with microphone
Education and Experience Requirements
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With approximately 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with Maximus through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.