This purpose of this position description is to capture the roles and responsibilities for a Cook at Builders of the Faith Daycare/School and Academy.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Preparation and delivery of breakfast, lunch, and snack for students.
· Complete daily meal count forms.
· Ensure kitchen and cafeteria area is properly cleaned, swept, and (mopped twice a week).
· Create weekly menu the week prior.
· Wash all dishes (according to Health Department standards) daily.
· Turn in all vendor delivery slips to office.
· Clean and sanitize countertops, sinks, refrigerators, stoves, microwave, floors.
· Make sure menu is followed weekly and there is enough food and resources to prepare for the appropriate number of students each week
· Do weekly inventory of items needed for the next work week, items such as spoons, napkins, plastic wear, paper towels, milk, and cleaning supplies and trash bags.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Department of Children and Families background screening required
- 1-year experience cooking in a commercial kitchen, preferred
- Must have current First Aid/Pediatric CPR certification
- Must meet or obtain all DCF requirements within 30 days of hire
- Must have access to dependable transportation
Standing, Bending, Sitting, Mobility, Climbing, Balancing, Squatting, Twisting, lifting up to 30lbs, fast paced environment