Title: Outside Residential Sales Representative
Location: Saint Marys, GA
This is not a desk job. In fact, as an Outside Residential Sales Representative, you will sell our products and services in a door-to-door manner. You will be canvassing neighborhoods in the Saint Mary's, GA area and providing the community with reliable TV, phone, and internet services. You will act as a territory manager and take ownership in acquiring new leads (above and beyond the list of addresses provided by our marketing team). You will gain referral partners, participate in community events, and act as a brand ambassador for TDS at all times. This is a year-round, full time position with a flexible work schedule and you can manage your own 40hr work week between 9am – 9pm. Yes, that’s right, you get the work/life balance you’ve been looking for!
What’s in it for you?
- Earn $60 to $100k per year or more!
- Uncapped earning potential!
- Receive a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus after 30 days!
- Discounted TDS services and products!
- Full Benefits Package - Begins on first day of employment!
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation, sick time, personal days, and paid holidays
- 401k eligible after 30 days with excellent company match
- Supplemental income provided during training!
- Top performers and their guest are invited to an all-expense paid trip to a tropical destination- this year we went to Jamaica!
Imagine you have had the same slow internet and TV provider for many years, but haven’t been quite satisfied due to the number of outages that occur on a regular basis and their less-than-helpful customer support line. You don’t think you have any other options, but then a refreshingly friendly TDS Telecom Outside Residential Sales Representative shows up on your doorstep to discuss some new options for you to explore! You learn about Fiber that can run directly to your home and will provide you with internet that is more reliable, has faster speeds, saves you money, and connects you to the people you care about most.
Are you this helpful sales rep who is excited about the opportunity to help your community stay connected?
- 6+ months of sales/customer service experience – OR – current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any credentials and/or licenses necessary to sell.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Computer literate with familiarity of in-home electronics, computers, and high-speed Internet preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive, persistent, and have the ability to handle rejection in the selling process well.
- Must be a good listener and have superior people skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and be a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with customers to educate them on cable, voice, and data services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to deal with public in a professional manner.
Must be able to pass local community background checks and permitting processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment, and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may need to operate a motor vehicle during the work shift. The employee must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather. The employee must be able to ambulate door-to-door through various constructed housing units. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.