Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is for an Oracle EBS DBA in support of an Optum in-house Oracle E-Business platform focused on the financial modules. This resource will be responsible for all aspects of Application database administration including configuration, autoconfig, product upgrades, capacity planning, backup and recovery.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Starting and Stopping the application
- Monitoring the application related products and bouncing the application when required
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Work as part of a scrum team and providing 24×7 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support
- Patch Analysis, Management and Version Control
- Performing database and application tuning and performance monitoring
- Cloning DEV and TEST from PROD
- Interacting with Network/OS teams on network setups and load balancer setups
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle E-Business DBA (experience working with Oracle E-Business platform)
- Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle DBA, with technology including RAC, SSO, DataGuard, High Availability and Backup / Recovery
- Expertise with Oracle EBS R12, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application
- Expertise in performance tuning across the entire stack
- Knowledge of Oracle maintenance/patching mechanics and EBS architecture
- Can demonstrate history of solving complex problems across multiple modules
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare industry experience
- Working in a large cross matrixed organization
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Oracle EBS DBA, Oracle DBA, E-Business, Oracle DBA Applications, R12, EBS, RAC, SSO, Database Administration, Database Administrator, Data Guard, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote