Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Solution Sales Executive, you will be responsible for the growth of sales and revenue for On-Site Services by pursuing and generating leads, partnering with other sales executives and consistently developing your expertise on Optum On-Site Services products and services.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable to sell Optum On-Site Services to new and/or existing clients (across market groups that purchase health services) (ex. Payer, Provider, Employer, Life Sciences, Government, International, etc.)
- Pursue or generate leads for new product or service opportunities to new or existing clients; may source directly, be brought into an opportunity by (CE, BD, CM, sales leader), or leverage (existing and referral relationships, industry events, qualified leads, renewal activity, etc.)
- Responsible for individual growth quota to expand and ensure delivery of Optum On-Site Services within their assigned product or solutions set
- Frequently partner with other sales executives (CE, BD, CM) or work independently to sell and/or manage sales opportunities for solutions spanning Optum’s portfolio, inclusive of individual, market and/or enterprise solutions, to existing and prospective clients (ex. care, behavioral, physical, technology, software, consulting, PBM, etc.)
- Possess or develop subject matter expertise and knowledge on Optum On-Site Services products designed to engage consumers, modernize infrastructure and advance care across the fitness and health industry, inclusive of individual, market and/or enterprise solutions
- Participate in, and at times own/lead, sales process and client engagement through the sale, coordinating with all necessary parties (ex. legal, pricing, finance, etc.) to close a sale
- Engage, build relationships and sell services across a variety of client channels, including direct to clients and at times brokers/consultants
- Cultivate and deepen C-suite and/or complex client relationships
- Develop consultative relationships and be a trusted advisor to the client to demonstrate how Optum can provide value for the client to meet their objectives and improve the health system
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
- Majority of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 70% or greater
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Successful track record of advising on and/or selling products/services (specific solution set/product),
- 5+ years of sales, account management experience
- Deep solution expertise in products/services (specific solution set/product)
- 3 years of proven experience and expertise in the healthcare, insurance or related industry (ex. consulting, wellness, technology, financial services, pharmacy, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior level and/or C-Suite clients
- Experience in diagnosing client needs and recommending solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Ability to travel frequently, at least 70%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience in Payer, Provider, Employer, Life Sciences, Government, International, etc. market
- Established relationships within (market, geography, prospective clients, broker, etc.)
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $60,000 to $115,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: On-Site Services Solution Sales Executive, Sales, Account Management, Healthcare, Insurance, Houston, TX, Texas, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting