The Office Manager of the Presbytery is a clerical support position (copying, scheduling, communicating, office managing) for the staff, volunteers and churches of the Presbytery. This person is part of a committed team of professional staff and volunteers who seek to further the goals of the church. As a bookkeeper the position balances ledgers, reconciles accounts, and prepares reports. The position also follows bookkeeping procedures established by the organization. This person will be supervised by the Head of Staff and will have a working relationship to the Treasurer and the Administration Chair.
- Manages the daily operations of the church office.
- Clerical work to support and leverage the time of other professional staff and volunteers, including phone coverage
- Identifies and interacts with vendors and service providers to secure, furnish, set-up, maintain and re-locate space as necessary. This includes furnishings, electronics, and supplies.
- Maintains all official service agreements and documents related to office space, office equipment and/or office services.
- Maintains employee records related to human resources, benefits and payroll.
- Implements and evaluates systems for improvement as needed.
- Creates and maintains all office organizational systems.
- Check book reconciliation.
- Reconcile merchant services and credit card charges.
- Make general ledger entries.
- File all miscellaneous documents from bank and insurance companies and any other important documents.
- Other duties as needed
DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES:
This position maintains an organized and orderly office environment while maintaining records of financial transactions. This includes but is not limited to balancing ledgers, reconciling accounts, and preparing reports. The position also follows best practice, church policy, and bookkeeping procedures established by the Finance Team of the church.
SUPERVISION: The Office Manager is responsible to the Head of Staff/Relationship Coordinator with a working relationship with the Treasurer and the Administration Chair of the church.
SUBORDINATE RESPONSIBILITIES: Not Applicable