There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care across Acute and Chronic patients
- Receives, evaluates, accepts and executes the initial patient intake process to assure that patient verification, assessment, teaching and ongoing scheduling of nursing services occur in timely manner
- Assures timely communication with other company personnel, and outside providers, physicians and other agencies, to assure the quality and continuity of patient care
- Infuse medications occasionally in patients’ home including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy and medication administration via peripheral infusion device or PICC line, implantable port and / or central venous catheters and as ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner
- Assess patient occasionally in home environments and including clinical assessment safety of environment, pain assessment, monitor effectiveness of medication treatment, develop plan of care, education for patients and patient’s family members, including providing care., including but not limited to plan of care / plan of treatment according to state specific regulations and reports accurately and in a timely manner, according to internal and external regulatory requirements
- Maintain collaborative relationships involving agencies delivering services on behalf of / or in conjunction with Optum, including nursing agencies in a contracted relationship, patient, families, significant caregivers and other healthcare team members
- Provide education regarding Optum Health Solutions services for both internal and external customers
- Function as clinical educator and resource
- Other responsibilities as assigned
This Nurse Supervisor position will be office based in the Jacksonville Optum Infusion Pharmacy branch. The work schedule will be 5 days per week. Available to work some Saturdays. Will manage approximately 5 - 10 Nurses and a Patient Care Coordinator. Will provide Care Coordination for the Acute and Chronic patients. May see patients in the Infusion Suite to provide IV Therapy. Must be comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Must have very good IV skills.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida
- At least 5 years of Nursing experience
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing program
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good communication skills
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Able to work Saturdays
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Previous Home Infusion Therapy experience
- Critical care certification and / or ER certification
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Oncology and / or ER experience
- Knowledge and / or experience in HIPAA, OSHA, ACHC or other accrediting bodies
Careers with Optum Infusion Pharmacy. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at Optum Infusion Pharmacy. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient - focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIg) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor, Charge Nurse, IV Therapy, Home Health, Jacksonville, Duval, FL, Florida, IVIG, INS, CRNI, Home Infusion, ACHC, Optum, UnitedHealth Group