Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Manager Inpatient Care Management reports to the Nurse Director Inpatient Care Management and is responsible for the leadership of a virtual team of Nurses. We strive to provide our members with the most appropriate care, at the most appropriate time and in the most appropriate setting.
If you are located within CST EST Time Zone, NV, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversees the Inpatient care management area
- Manage and oversight of a team size of approximately 15 - 20 nurses
- Responsible for metrics of team and productivity reporting
- Responsible for auditing of nurses to monitor that clinical criteria guidelines are being followed
- Daily/weekly multidisciplinary case rounds
- Required to create innovative approaches and solutions to meeting metrics
- Responsible for participating in workgroups and initiatives
- Support and drives change management for all initiative
- Responsible for auditing and staff development, training, performance management and all hiring/ onboarding processes
- Act as subject matter expert on projects
- Participation in Regional/national committee meetings
- Occasional local/national travel
- Work queues management
- Daily census management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN), current and unrestricted license in State of Residence
- 5+ years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- 5+ years of utilization review/management experience
- 3+ years of Supervisory/leadership or Team Lead experience
- Experienced with medical necessity guidelines including MCG guidelines and/or InterQual guidelines
- Experience in managed care
- Understanding utilization review process including census management
- 3+ years of clinical nursing experience practicing clinically (Acute Inpatient, SNF/AIR/LTAC, Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Doctor’s Office, School Nurse)
- Discharge planning experience
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (EXCEL. WORD, POWERPOINT), email, Internet and clinical programs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage client relationships in support of performance guarantees
- Dedicated work space in the home and access to high speed internet
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of compliance and quality measures
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Manager Inpatient Care Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Tampa, Florida, FL