JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Performs first-level and/or second-level problem determination and restart/recovery of on-line system resources. Maintains configuration and operational documentation reflecting the most current state of the network.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring and control of the status and performance of on-line network systems.
- Works with technicians involved with proper maintenance and operation of telecommunications systems and equipment.
- Identifies network problems, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective action.
- Escalates unresolved problems based on severity criteria and tracks problem trends.
- Maintains status and incident logs of all network component failures.
- Responsible for tracking change-control activities by verifying that modifications to the network have not impacted user availability or performance.
- Determines priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption.
- Provides technical analysis to all clients to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services.
- Interacts with field engineers, core engineers, and transmission and RF staff regarding ongoing network activities.
- Interfaces with Technical Support, Customer Service and Product Support teams to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- May communicate with clients to provide quick and accurate problem determination/update.
- Ascertains compliance with security, safety, and environmental guidelines.
- Generates reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results, and routine maintenance of network elements.
- Updates departmental documentation and databases.
- Participates in disaster recovery testing and actual recoveries for local and remote locations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.